Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Mum's Homemade Fruit Cordial

Mum's Homemade Fruit Cordial 

When I was little my mum would make her own fruit cordial. Now I have my own family and in an effort to live more frugally, I decided to ask her for the recipe and make some of my own. 
Here's the recipe

3 Lemons
3 Oranges
1 1/2 Lbs of Granulated Sugar
Heaped tsp Citric Acid
Heaped tsp Tartaric Acid 
Heaped tsp Epsom Salts
1 pint of boiling water

  1. Combine the rind and juice of the lemons and oranges. 
  2. Add the sugar, citric acid, tartaric acid and epsom salts. 
  3. Pour in the boiling water and stir until all the sugar is dissolved
  4. At this point I let the mixture cool before straining to remove all the bits. 
  5. Then pour into bottles and dilute to taste...Voila! 
The recipe makes approximately 1.5 Litres of cordial and can be made with any combination of citrus fruits.  

Enjoy x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @GraceHigham22